Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Alphabe-Thursday "A"

Good morning class! Please pay attention. I am Mrs. Matlock's more fashionable, but much crabbier, younger sister. I was warned that this was a rowdy bunch, but trust me. I will not put up with any hooligans in this class.


I know you're excited to be starting Round 2 of Alphabe-Thursday, but you need to calm down. I'm glad you are all enthused about your summer break, but really, do I look like the kind of teacher who will put up with these shenanigans? Trust me. I am not.

Now. Pay attention.

We are starting with the letter ...and you must post about something related to or starting with the letter "A". Do not try to fool me here by linking to a post about bananas or something. I know the alphabet extremely well.

My sister told me I had to finish up a little Rainbow Summer School business from her ridiculous Rainbow Summer School Extravaganza! Settle down, please, and I will announce the winner. Drum roll please...

True Random Number Generator

Min: 1
Max: 51
Result: 15


Link 15 was this one from Creative Decorating on a Budget! Hi Bonnie! Congratulations! Please e-mail your address to: jennymatlock at cox dot net so I can get your Rainbow prizes out to you right away. I will not tolerate screaming in this class so please confine your joy to a simple smile. That will be fine.

There may be random prizes as we continue through this round of the Alphabet and there may not. It just depends on how you all settle down.

I have also been made aware that my sister was an extremely EASY grader. That will not be the case this year. Do not just assume you will get an A+ because you have linked. You may only get an A this year. This does not mean I don't like you. It just means I recognize that my sister was a pushover. As well as a horrible dreser. I mean, seriously, that hat was just atrocious, don't you agree?

I was told that you have been trying to visit the five links before and after your link and leave a comment. Minimum of 10 links visited please. You can certainly visit more. This will continue to be acceptable to me.

I also want to let you know that each week I visit every blog. If it appears I haven't visited your blog by Tuesday night, please let me know, because it is important to me to make sure you know I've visited you! This will avoid you trying to skip out on doing your assignment as well.

If you have any difficulties with your link, please make sure to include the number of the link when you e-mail me. It is really difficult for me to find you easily otherwise and that will just make me even crabbier.

If you have any questions about Alphabe-Thursday or problems doing your link just post it in a comment or send me an e-mail. I'll do my best to help you because my sister said I have to.

The McLinkey will be live from 1:00 pm MST time Wednesday afternoon in an effort to assist our lovely "friends across the pond" and continue through 10:00 am MST time Friday morning!

And remember.... link back to this post, you need to be registered as a follower of my blog, PG posts only, and try to visit the 5 students before and after your post at minimum. The links will stay live after the final post deadline has passed so you can even wait and visit over the weekend or whenever you have more time.

Class is dismissed. Please feel free to post your link to your "A" post now:

post signature

33 comments:

Jo said...

Sir, yes Sir .... ummm ... I mean yes Ma'am ...

lissa said...

already? has summer gone away without me noticing? I'll see if I can come with something, if not, I guess I won't be doing it. it's all the alphabet or nothing

& hey, hello to Mrs. Matlock's younger nameless sister, it's always a pleasure to meet new teachers...okay, not really...

I am strangely happy to read this post but I will try to "confine your joy to a simple smile"

lissa said...

I meant -- "I am strangely happy to read this post but I will try to "confine MY joy to a simple smile"

Cheryl D. said...

Yay, the first time around, I got into this on the late side--like letter "V." It's so great to be able to do the whole alphabet!

I will have to adjust to not getting A+s anymore. At least I know this teacher is REALLY strict! LOL!

Terra said...

Ok, miss crabby pants teacher sister...I can handle you, kind of..maybe, sort of anyway.

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Miss Jenny...sorry I am missing your party. I actually just made a post and mentioned your ever so lovely self:):) Hope you understand my thoughts and feeling. You are my favorite teacher, and I will participate soon again. Debbie

Unknown said...

Thanks goodness I got it right this week.

Terra said...

I can't get to link number 6, my screen keeps telling me it might harm my computer. I bet it is just me, but in case it is not NUMBER 6...I want to read your post.

Sarah said...

Jenny, I so enjoyed last semester, but I need to sit this one out. I'm pretty compulsive, so I feel I have to participate in 100% of the class if I'm a member. So, I'll be reading but not submitting a paper this semester. Hope you understand. I just can't commit to a weekly post on a specific post as much as I totally enjoy the whole alphabet thing. Last semester was great!
Thanks for hosting. I'll check in each week. ~ Sarah

La said...

Jenny, I'm baking you an apple tart for the first day of class. :o) La

Annesphamily said...

Good evening and thank you for this new session of Alphabe Thursday. Anne

signed...bkm said...

she is carrying a pretty nasty looking stick there....I will make sure I get my lessons in on time...bkm

signed...bkm said...

she is carrying a pretty nasty looking stick there....I will make sure I get my lessons in on time...bkm

Judie said...

I'm waiting for the Saturday Centus. Maybe by then I will have the damn thing figured out!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Gulp! Um...I will do my best to be on time! I know I was forever the tardy student on this roster!

Hm...so...your our substitute for this round? I am sure we will be very, very good! haha

Blessings & Aloha!

Susan Anderson said...

Finally! A brief respite from that rather off-putting sibling of yours. I'm not one to tell tales out of school, but Ms. Jenny was beginning to behave like one of the students! Decorum is so important in a teacher, don't you agree? Perhaps a little rest and recreation will bring her back to her senses...

;)

PS. I surely hope so, because oddly enough, I miss her.

Lourie said...

New teacher scares me. <:S

Vicki/Jake said...

Hmmm, may have met my equal here...

Ummm...Naw.

Just a challenge :)

This will be fun!

Susan said...

a,aaaa I'm a-feared!!! LOL

Susan

Jules said...

I'll try to remember to come to ALL classes...but...no promises!!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I see spitballs in your future.....
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I promise not to do anything to make trouble! PROMISE! I appreciate you taking over for Mrs. Matlock and I'll do my best. HONESTLY! I don't want to get yelled at! Yelling makes me crazy and then I might make trouble. But I did PROMISE so I'm just going to keep a low profile so nothing BAD happens! I don't mean to have that sound like a threat but...please don't yell at me! That's all I ask!
Your devoted student,
Coralie

Nancy's Notes said...

Just wanted to say hello Jenny, no time to participate, but always love your posts!

Enjoy your day~
Nancy

fredamans said...

Congrats Bonnie!

lissa said...

just post a very short piece, it's all I can think of, apparently I just can seem to think this week...

Maggie said...

Hi Jenny,
I so enjoyed the last AT weekly meme that I'm going to try and participate this term too, now and again.
Thanks for hosting once more.
Maggie

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

So it's back to school for me too! Hello Mrs Matlock's younger sister. I'm a younger sister too..I know how "we" are!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I made it!!! I put together something for A and hope I make it all the way to Z!!!

Ewwww...that picture with all those needles just made me hurt!!! lol

Have a great day!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

If anyone reads this comment besides Jenny, I am the goofy girl that won but never looks to see who won because I always figure it is someone else!!!

Woo hoo!!! Ms. Jenny, good thing you are a follow through kind of teacher!!! How dense can one person be with all the hints you gave me!!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Well hello Miss-um..umm...what did you say your name was again? I clearly was expecting Miss Jenny, but it's so nice to meet you too! Please tell your sister that my cousin Mary did not forget her question awhile back either, about her dining room color. She had to find the old can of leftover paint because she could not remember the name. She usually uses Sherwin Williams paints but this was different because she really wanted this exact color and did not want to try for a color match somewhere else. It is a Valspar paint from Lowes and the color was called "Lake Country". Do ya think you can pass that info on for me?
Thanks! ;)

Splendid Little Stars said...

sadly, Mr Linky is not working for me now. I will try again in a bit.

Here is my post: Arch Rock, Valley of Fire

*Chic Provence* said...

Fun blog! I'm now following :)

Kit

Unknown said...

I so wanted to participate but could never get enough time.This time I am trying to but the first entry itself is late.So hope you forgive my tardiness,give me an F but 'Be Kind' dear teacher.I should get a C for effort otherwise you may turn out to be responsible for my antisocial activities in my adulthood.