Friday, August 10, 2012

Dog days of summer?

I have a terrible little poem to share with you for week 118 of SC.

But.

I have a really, really good excuse.

When Mr. Jenny and I were driving home tonight I saw a billboard.

It read: "It's never a bad time to hug a cheetoh with your teeth."

Seriously.

How can I possibly write a little rhyming story about this funny little picture after reading a billboard like that?


Geez.

Anyway.

Ahem.

Oh my bone!
OMB!
This fur is much too hot for me.
Shave me now!
I beg of you!
Dog days are awful!
Oh.
Boo hoo!
I am dying from the heat.
And,
NO!!!,
I do NOT want a treat.
I'm close to being a heat-stroked mutt.
More ice!
More ice!
Please freeze my butt!

To read other offerings from people not traumatized by strange cheetoh billboards, just click here.

post signature

12 comments:

Ms. A said...

I know just how that dog feels!

Along These Lines ... said...

We like iced-T here in the South. I guess that pup likes iced-P

Yolanda Ronaldo said...

Where did you find this picture??

Kim Lehnhoff said...

It wasn't horrible or terrible or anything bad like that.

That is one hot dog that won't end up in a bun.

Well done!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

hahaha! (Seems like this heat wave is making its presence felt all over the country!)

Blessings & Aloha!

Lynn said...

It's been a loooong summer! I keep telling folks my favorite part of August is September at the end! Happy Weekend:@)

Susan Mystery said...

This was really cute and funny. I like it. Nicely done!

The Poet said...

My dearest Jenny,
That picture said it all and point well taken (smile). I always look forward to the cold months because I know its time for some FOOTBALL!! The summer heat is not fun for me. Thank you as always for your GREAT sense of humor my dear friend.

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

Good one, Jenny!

=)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I heard from my sister and SIL that this has been a really hot summer in AZ--worse than ever! Stay cool!

Busy Bee Suz said...

A cheetoh? Really?
Love your little poem about this little hot guy!

Amy said...

That is one crazy billboard. And a very funny poem. I love the picture, too. You never fail to make me laugh, Jenny. Never.