Friday, May 10, 2013

Rap, my child...

You gotta get your rap groove on before you read this Saturday Centus offering.  Yeah.  Cuz I'm all about the rap music.

Or not.

But hey.

The prompt is in bold.

And you can see other links if you just click here.

 
My granny was a wise one

She said lots of stuff to me…

Suh-Suh-Sleep my child and peace attend thee

She aint never told me who to be. 

Granny always had my number

But she ain’t never had to dial it.

She made me know my ass could fly

Even though I ain’t a pilot.

Suh-Suh Sleep my child and peace attend thee

I don’t know about that sh**

Yeah. Don’t tell Granny ‘bout my language now

I know she’d pitch a fit.
post signature

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved it. You transported me back to my days living in the NYC projects. I could hear the kids jump roping to this. That means they like it. :-)

Ms. A said...

*huge smiles and applause

Go Jenny, go Jenny...

Unknown said...

That's real cute!
My maternal grandmother didn't give a sh** about bad language. My paternal grandmother thought that "darn" was harsh.

Pondside said...

Is there anything you can't do, Jenny? I wouldn't even know where to start, and there you put that one down as though you lived the life!

Janie Junebug said...

That's great.

Love,
Janie

Susan Anderson said...

Yo, I"m down wid dat.

=)

Amy said...

Suh-suh-suh-weet little rhyme, Jenny. You crack me up.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That was freakin' awesome.
Yo, you are freakin' awesome.
Your homie,
Suz

Annesphamily said...

Such a nice smile with this sweet little post! Thank you!

Pat Tillett said...

MC Jenny...